Starting Off The New Year at State College (2018)
2018 is here! Write down your New Year’s resolutions and start the year off on the right foot!
For those of you who are from the area, you know that we started off the year with some very cold weather. But don’t let that get you down! There are plenty of activities to do despite the chilly weather outside.
Here’s a list of some events that may interest you as we enter the first weekend of the year!
- Penn State Men’s Ice Hockey VS Wisconsin
January 5, 2018 | 7:00 PM | Pegula Ice Arena
- Penn State Men’s Basketball VS Northwestern
January 5, 2018 | 8:00 PM | Bryce Jordan Center
- Opening Reception for the new show “Escape” with live music by The Local Station
January 5, 2018 | 8:00 PM | Art Alliance Gallery Downtown
- CJ’s Resolution Challenge (Raising Awareness for Autism)
January 6, 2018 | 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM | R. B. Winter State Park
- Open Studio Saturday
January 6, 2018 | 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM | The Makery
- A Taste of Folk College (free)
January 6, 2018 | 3:00 PM – 10:30 PM | Waupelani Drive Extension
- Academic Libraries Around the World Diversity Studies Room (free)
January 7, 2018 | 8:00 AM – 2:00 AM | University Park
- The History of Pattee Library and Paterno Library
January 7, 2018 | 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM | 102 Pattee Library
- WPSU Presents: Victoria Season 2 Advance Screening
January 7, 2018 | 2:30 PM | State Theatre
- And for all of the students coming back from winter break: warming up with a cup of coffee at your favorite cafe downtown, grabbing a bite to eat, or trying out an escape room with some friends might be the perfect way to get ready for the next semester!